Five Revered Leaders Honored With ISTH Esteemed Career Awards at ISTH 2022 Congress
The ISTH has announced the commendable recipients of the 2022 ISTH Esteemed Career Awards during the Opening Ceremony of the ISTH 2022 Congress in London, U.K.
The Esteemed Career Awards are presented every year to individuals who made significant contributions to the understanding, treatment and diagnosis, research and education in the thrombosis and hemostasis field.
The following individuals, in the opinion of their peers, have significantly advanced the scientific community’s understanding or treatment of diseases and disorders that affect hemostasis. Their career-long accomplishments are internationally regarded as exemplary models of research and mentoring excellence.
2022 Esteemed Career Award Recipients:
- Kenneth A. Bauer, M.D., Harvard Medical School (USA)
- Toshiyuki Miyata, Ph.D., National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center (Japan)
- Ingrid Pabinger-Fasching, M.D., Medical University of Vienna (Austria)
- Mirta Schattner, Ph.D., National Academy of Medicine (Argentina)
- Karen Vanhoorelbeke, Ph.D., KU Leuven Campus Kulak Kortrijk (Belgium)