Seeking new social media associate editors for Research and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis (RPTH)
If you are active on social media, particularly Twitter, and you enjoy disseminating science through social media to educate and grow the online thrombosis and hemostasis community, consider applying to be the next Social Media Associate Editor for Research and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis (RPTH).
Two positions are currently available, with onboarding beginning in November of 2023. The Social Media Associate Editors act as the journal’s primary voice on Twitter through the @RPTHJournal Twitter account. The Social Media Associate Editors will share new author resources, published papers, publication opportunities, community networking and will serve alongside traditional Associate Editors on the journal’s leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity to grow network connections within the field as well as learn more about academic publications and peer review.
The ideal candidate will:
- Read each paper published in RPTH and create engaging Twitter posts that tag authors and spur discussion.
- Select relevant imagery to accompany each post, working with the marketing team from the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) to brand those images. Experience with Photoshop, Canva or other image editing software is a plus.
- Participate in Twitter conversations and select Twitter chats on behalf of the journals and the Society.
- Build the reputation of the journals by creating a destination for digital conversation of science.
- Provide insights, trends and analytics to the Editor-in-Chief and the ISTH marketing team.
- Adhere to guidelines such as never sharing personal opinions or engaging in destructive conversations. Posts are subject to review by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Work closely with the ISTH marketing and membership team and Editor-in-Chief to learn social media protocols, expectations, style guidelines and other brand nuances.
- Participate in monthly editorial team video conferences.
- Coordinate special author highlights like the Research Recap video series, with assistance from the ISTH marketing team.
- Write editorials for the journal on topics agreed upon with the Editor-in-Chief.
- Assist in marketing campaigns to promote journal-related matters.
- Plan to attend ISTH Congresses and contribute to the virtual scientific conversations during the meeting.
The ISTH marketing and membership team will provide additional training in social media, if needed.
Benefits include the experience of service in scientific publishing, working alongside the editor team, and networking with prestigious leaders in the field. The term of service is 1 year, which may be renewed. An honorarium will be provided.
The application period will be open through August 4. Then, top candidates will be invited for a brief interview before selection. Apply here.